Whew. That was one delicious blog hiatus I took during December! I'm not going to lie, it felt fantastic. I let myself fully be in the moment during the holidays, and it was soooo relaxing. I got together with tons of my real-life friends, entertained at home, met new people, made some cool gifts for Christmas (I'll try to share some of those here) and I really must admit ate a large amount of cheese. But I also focused intensely on doing more yoga/exercise and Mr. S. & I even got into the practice of meditating a bit, which was yummy. Overall, December was stellar.
But now holiday time is over, and just like every year here on Sarcomical, it's time for the Anti-Resolutions List!
What?? Huh?!? What is that, you say? Well, the Anti-Resolutions are things I can confidently say I will be able to NOT do throughout the next year, and feel really glad at the end that I successfully accomplished. (Oh, don't worry, I have a private list of POSITIVE goals. So we're not all cynical here, you see my dears?) The list for 2011 is below, but first, here is what I absolutely did not do in 2010, and am rather proud of, to be honest:
(Last year's list) My Anti-Resolutions for 2010:
- Gain 12 pounds in one meal.
- Get rid of my cell phone and communicate solely via telegram.
- Ship myself to the White House in a crate full of hope.
- Single-handedly resurrect the Dorothy Hamill haircut.
- Become a roadie for a traveling production of Jersey Shore: The Musical.
- Bring a pie to the gym once a week and eat it on the recumbent bicycle.
- Take up professional Etch-a-Sketching.
- Write iCarly fan fiction.
- Design a bra made out of safety pins.
- Slowly and subversively train my husband to bring me a cheese platter every time the neighbor's dog barks.
- Become President of a local Jon Gosselin fan club.
- Build a fire pit in the bathroom.
- Throw a botox party.
- Write a play about the perils of toe socks.
- Create a candle that smells like rotisserie chicken.
..AND NOW, BETTER LATE THAN NEVER
My Anti-Resolutions for 2011 (These Things I Shall Not Do):
- Champion the local Palin 2012 campaign. (God, that one hurt to type.)
- Bring vodka to a baby shower.
- Institute Masquerade Taco Night Dance-Off Thursdays here at the SarcomiHaus.
- Train heavily for roller disco.
- Sign my dogs up on Match.com.
- Set the Guinness World Record for longest pinky toenail.
- Drink a deep-dish pizza smoothie every night.
- Learn to type on an upside-down keyboard.
- Invent a toilet paper made from cashmere.
- Fully embrace the philosophies of Glenn Beck.
- Knit a face mask.
- Build a panic room out of cereal.
- Deface a national monument with puffy stickers.
- Wear a bustle during runs.
- Endorse fur.